Yield: Approx. 400 grams
Prep Time: Approx. 1 hour
Shelf Life: Indefinite
19 grams emulsifying wax
16 grams emulsifying conditioner
4 grams T-50
4 grams unrefined rose hip seed oil
4 grams babassu seed oil
334 gramd rose hydrosol
4 grams silk amino acids
4 gramd dl-Panthenol
1 gram allantoin
4 grams Cromadol STS or cyclomethicone or dimethicone)
4 grams hydorlized wheat protein
1 gram silk powder
1 gram Germall Plus (powder) or other preservative1 teaspoon fragrance or essential oil of choice, optional for stronger scent
- Heat Rose Hydrosol and Silk Amino Acids to 165F. Take off heat. Add dl Panthenol and Allantoin when water has slightly cooled.
- When measuring oils, keep out a small amount to dissolve silk powder. Set aside. Heat remainder of oil and emulsifiers until melted.
- Slowly add oils/emulsifier to water phase. (Be sure Allantoin and dl Panthenol has dissolved first.) Zap with blender to mix.
- Add Crodamol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, and Silk Powder. Zap with stick blender.
- When cooled, add Germall Plus. Add fragrance if desired. To make this a thinner conditioner the amount of Polowax can be reduced slightly.